180g unsalted butter
60g icing sugar
60g custard powder
1 tsp baking powder
180g plain flour
Citrus Buttercream Ingredients
120g butter softened
120g Rusticate Citrus Curd
20g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- For biscuits, cream butter for two minutes in an electric mixer with paddle attachment. Add icing sugar and custard powder and mix until combined.
- Sift the baking powder and flour together then add to the dough and mix well.
- Roll dough into 10g balls (about 1 tsp), place on a baking paper lined baking tray and press each ball with a fork to leave an indent.
- Bake biscuits for 14 minutes or until light golden. Stand on trays for 5 minutes to cool then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Citrus Buttercream Method
- For buttercream, whisk the butter and citrus curd until smooth. Add icing sugar and beat until mixture forms a paste, the consistency of thick icing. Spoon into a piping bag fitted with a small star nozzle.
- To assemble, pipe citrus buttercream in a circle onto the base of one half of the biscuits. Gently press one of each biscuit together to form a melting moment. Alternatively use a knife and spread your desired amount of citrus buttercream onto the biscuit.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.